30 Rockefeller Plaza
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 566754
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Within our client's News Group, they're responsible for the best, most impactful news brands in the industry. They care passionately about news and their ability to help our customers to get informed and inspired about what's important to them (and us.) As the primary designer working with the Elections Data Team you will be on the front-line designing best in class tools that drive our award winning Elections Coverage, which is paramount to all the Newsgroup’s brands.
Location: Onsite Hybrid Style in New York City
Pay Rate: Up to $45/hr depending on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
- Gain experience and exposure to all platforms; Digital, Broadcast, Interactive and Social across all brands
- Design the next generation of tools that are used by the various production, platform, distribution and executive teams to review, analyze, and report on Elections Results
- Work on a passionate and dynamic team to create and evolve our set of products that are crucial to our internal teams.
- Channel broader design vision and articulate product design strategy via visual artifacts.
- Work closely with the Decision Desk, Producers, Directors, and other editorial stakeholders to streamline experiences.
- Grow expertise and stay current on best-in-class editorial tools as they apply to News experiences.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering team members to rapidly prototype and define design elements
- Determine hierarchies of information and content flow, contributing to a design system that evolves and grows around our front-end experiences and internal tools.
- Capture interactions, edge-cases, & the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Help define and contribute to, our design systems as well as cross-platform visual systems and languages
- Be a core contributor and/or co-facilitator in product discovery, from research and synthesis to workshops and ideation
- Use data to inform design decisions and continually validate your work with real users
- Map out user journeys and flows
- Utilize design thinking skills to gather insights and inputs from internal stakeholders
- Build low-fi to high-fi designs as needed in the product development process to run reviews and to gain buy-in on ideas.
- Collaborate with design peers and their teams to share learnings, leverage shared effort and ensure quality cross-platform experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a full-stack product designer who utilizes a data-driven, human-centric approach to product design and development.
- 3+ years’ experience developing or contributing into design systems
- 3+ years’ experience with experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean UX
- Strong design skills, with an emphasis on User Experience including interactions and logical ways to display large data sets.
- Proficiency with contemporary design, prototyping tools, and methods
- Portfolio of examples of relevant, finished application design work.
- Experience working with OKR, KPI or other goal measuring framework
- Experience working with data visualization, data analysis or data manipulation tools
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.