Job Category: Software Development
Job Number: 540336
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Salary - 100 -120k
Hours- 40 hour work week
Location - Hybrid- 1 or 2 days in Chicago office- West loop- Chicago
The Application Engineer is responsible for design, delivery, quality, and continual improvement of application solutions for North America Supply Chain. This role is responsible for deliverable timeliness, efficiency and quality related to application development focused on, but not limited to, areas such as Supply Chain Visibility, Supply Chain Optimization, Integrated Planning/CPFR, Restaurant Analytics, and Supply Chain simulations.
They will support the analytics team and product leadership in supporting development of a solutions roadmap, development of implementation plans and activities to ensure timely completion of product/project deliverables. Managing the quality of the deliverables will be an essential part of this role.
Be current on trends and developments in the market with an eye on bringing in the new technology advancements. This role provides an opportunity to shape our thinking on how our products and services are designed, developed, and delivered.
This role will be part of the North America Analytics and Insights team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Responsible for working with the North America Analytics and Insights team to design, develop and deliver supply chain solutions to support regional needs
- Drive operational efficiencies and effectiveness though automation and digitization of supply chain solutions, and develop and deliver consistent and scalable business solutions
- Support product delivery leveraging the Agile / DevOps best practices
- Provide consultative and advisory services to delivery teams to meet customer expectations
- Collaborate with Technology to ensure new products are aligned with agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Support new solutions development in North America
- Update and support the Product Roadmaps
- Support North America user engagement in new product design, development, and deployment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, closely related technical field or equivalent practical experience; advanced degree a plus
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge with technology domains such as: SaaS technologies, application configuration/packaging for cloud computing, AWS, Azure, MS SQL
- Experience with developing internal business applications and business integration
- Experience implementing, customizing, and integrating third-party applications (preferably in supply chain space)
- Experience in multiple full system implementation (e.g., analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Experience in digitizing and automating processes and architecting solutions in a consistent and scalable manner
- Familiarity and experience with Agile / DevOps process and framework
- 2+ years of real-life experience preferred
Skills and Leadership Behaviours
- Self-starter with a successful record of business solutions development
- Ability to drive design thinking in solutions development