Job Category: LIMS
Job Number: 512470
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Applications Technical Developer & Manager – (Full-time) – Hybrid - IL/PA
Global public health organization seeks an Applications Technical Developer and Manager to lead laboratory systems planning, development, implementation, and maintenance. Ideal person will work with team to mentor and manage throughout all organizational needs and partner with business users to ensure the utmost utilization of the system. This position requires 10+ years of Applications development and coding expertise, and 3 years of management. Additionally, solutions architecture, team management and data analytics (EDI, Dell Boomi, ETL) are ideal. Opportunity offers extremely competitive compensation, benefits and more within a growing and global organization for anyone interested in relocating or residing within the Philadelphia or Chicago area.
- Opportunity to work within a dynamic organization while contributing to the overall utilization of LIMS and other laboratory technologies
- Exposure to a variety of new technology within a global organization
- A competitive salary with benefits
- 19 day accrued PTO
- 8 paid holidays
- 10% impact bonus eligibility
- 3% performance-based bonus
- Less than 5% of travel
- Relocation provided based on individual requirements
- Leading a team as Applications Developer & Technical Manager ensuring proper laboratory systems planning, development, implementation and maintenance occur, resulting in business user satisfaction and the utmost utilization of systems.
- Mentoring and managing team, while partnering with business users to provide system assistance for various projects and on a daily basis, as required.
- Performing hands-on LIMS development and other coding, while approving coding performed by other team members.
- Serving as product owner of LIMS to include LabWare, LabVantage, Dell Boomi and AWS servers.
- Serving as solution architect liaising with LIMS and cross-functional technical teams to design and develop sustainable solutions.
- Working with developers to provide estimations and assignment and milestone tracking, addressing challenges while ensuring expectations are set throughout project status meetings and within an agile environment.
- Managing analysts and ETL developers regarding NA interfacing and data flow between systems to include AWS, Dell Boomi, Quicksight and others.
- Leading and supporting all data initiatives to include analytics, visualizations, business intelligence, EDI, reporting and automation, ensuring effective laboratory reporting.
- Leading strategic discussions with other Global IT teams regarding LIMS data, projects and initiatives.
- Performing technical and business alignment reviews for project and enhancement requests.
- Managing LIMS environment system maintenance to include monitoring, patching and other integrity requirements.
- Designing solutions and analyzing service requests to ensure corporate objectives are met; to include system design through JAD and Agile.
- Performing workflow analysis and improvements to support ongoing business requirements.
- Working with teams that include Application Support Management, Release Delivery, Infrastructure and Cloud Partners to ensure successful code release into production and validation environments.
- Working with HR to ensure employee recruitment and retention, training and development, mentoring and appraisals.
- Supporting leadership regarding budget and roadmap planning, contract reviews and M&A activities.
- Ideal candidate will be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder; but will consider H1B holders requiring direct sponsorship and located in the US already and willing to relocate to Chicago and possibly Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of Applications development expertise to include code review.
- 5+ years within Solutions Architecture.
- 3+ years within team management.
- 3+ years of EDI/Data Analytics and ETL with Dell Boomi preferred but not required.
- A coaching and mentoring mentality, with an ability to lead a team.
- Programming expertise within the following VB.NET, ASP.NET, C# or PL/SQL.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage their own time and projects, in addition to a team.
- A preference for familiarity with LabVantage but not required.
- Preferred expertise working with interfaces and upgrades.
- LabWare desired, but not required.