601 Brickell Key Drive
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 530112
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Location: Miami, FL
Planet Technology is looking for an exceptional Editor to copyedit, proofread and annotate marketing material for a prestigious technology client. Based on-site, they will work closely with writers and other creative team members to maintain the highest possible quality standards. The ideal candidate is technically savvy with a keen eye and exceptional attention to detail, ensuring clarity and accuracy. They should be flexible, adaptable and results-driven, with an ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Responsible for providing in-country validation of customer-facing marketing content across digital, print, and in-store communications, with a focus on consistency with the brand tone of voice.
- Edit and proofread editorial, marketing, and social media copy.
- Work closely with the in-country team on a high volume of projects and deliver on time and to an excellent standard, often with short deadlines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent tone of voice, personality, and cultural relevance for Mexico.
- Attend confidential projects in the US when required.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure timely delivery.
- Leverage glossaries and style guides to ensure alignment with the brand’s tone of voice, ensuring clarity and accuracy of translations, and maintaining the highest possible standards.
- Ensure clarity and accuracy in communications, and maintains the highest possible standards
- Responsible for ensuring product and technical accuracy, as well as linguistic accuracy (grammar and spelling, as well as cultural relevance).
- Ensuring special attention is paid to whether the content is appropriate and correct for their country.
- Responsible for providing ongoing linguistic guidance and feedback to transcreators, producers, and project managers.
- Responsible for keeping own product and brand knowledge up to date.
- Experienced in using computer-aided translation tools (CAT tools such as WorldServer) and maintaining translation memories (background in Translation is a plus).
Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in copyediting and/or sub-editing for both marketing and technical materials
- Experience in editing and proofreading marketing and communications materials, preferably for a creative or consumer brand.
- Must also have a nuanced understanding of language conventions, style, and usage.
- Experience working for global brands.
- Working knowledge of translation and project management tools.
- Experience in supporting the development and maintenance of style guides and glossaries
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work as a team member. Must be able to perform effectively and efficiently under time pressure.
Must be able to travel as required, sometimes several weeks at a time.
- Understands language subtleties.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Possess a solid understanding of the creative development and production process.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to an environment of constant change.
- Ideal candidates will have previous editorial, proofreading, and localization experience at an advertising agency, marketing communications group, or localization/transcreation agency.