601 Brickell Key Drive
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 535494
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Bilingual (Spanish) Copywriter
Location: Miami, FL
Planet technology is seeking a Copywriter to join our well know media & technology client. The Lead Copywriter has overall responsibility is to ensure the tone of voice and unique style is maintained appropriately across a number of countries by guiding those in-market to create the best possible copy across all marketing materials, from websites, to films, to in-store experiences. The aim is to produce localized copy that retains the brand’s tone of voice, but in a way that is most appropriate for the market it will appear in. Hence the client is looking for a writer who is a highly talented, proven, creative thinker and a conceptual wordsmith with strong creative intuition.
You must understand the power of words and be prepared to help your teams find exactly the right ones, every time. You must know how to guard and protect a highly valued, prestigious international brand. You must have an intuitive understanding of what makes good copy work and an understanding (or at least an interest in) variations in languages and cultural nuances. And you must be prepared to help others reach the same level. We’re looking for someone that has the skills to optimize both the creative excellence and the quality of the team that delivers it. In short, you’re a writers’ writer and a great leader.
- Train new team members and guide them to produce their best work.
- Ensure that there is a clear division and allocation of workload and briefs among team members.
- Write, review, and empower campaigns for the client’s brand and products.
- Act as a voice for freelance CDs in ALAC.
- Have oversight of all strategy and work briefed to CDs.
- Work with the wider Hogarth team to implement structural change and improve the working process for writers and editors.
- Maintain the brand tone of voice. The tone should be consistent, regardless of media format.
- Guide and maintain the quality of the translated long copy, wherever it appears.
- Support and inspire teams on a daily basis and continuously develop their creative potential.
- Ensure that work (headlines and long copy) is delivered to the client’s exacting standards, both strategically and creatively.
- Work with translation/editor teams to continually improve translation & transcreation quality.
- Attend confidential projects in the US when required.
- Creative thinker with solid copywriting skills.
- Experience in the advertising agency world & the Hispanic market in the USA.
- Gained in the best creative agencies in the market (not necessarily the biggest or most successful).
- Working as a copywriter and then copy-based Creative Director for a good number of years.
- Worked on international and local brands.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish (or Portuguese for Brazil). Understands language subtleties (especially when it comes to adapting headlines).
- Conceptual creative who can come up with big ideas (when needed), but also focused on smallest details. Like punctuation.
- Obsessed with excellent writing that is thoughtful, meaningful, provocative at times, clear and inspiring.
- Teamwork – easy to get along with – be able to work with Editors and a team of creatives.
- Regularly assess and maintain relationships with language teams