Location: New York, NY
Pay Rate: Up to $50/hr DOE
The Lead Business Analyst understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements. Drives the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional requirements. Acts as the lead business analyst on projects and guides other business analysts involved in their projects. Manages process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g.SOX). Collaborates with technical teams to prototype, build, test and deliver the solution. Serve as a functional/domain expert on project teams.
• Lead the design and associated documentation of multiple IT projects by creating requirements documents, use cases, user stories, workflows, wireframes and mockups within traditional SDLC and Agile frameworks.
• Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional areas to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure adoption of best-practice solutions.
• Work as a technical support and liaison to designated IT personnel to provide clarification, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
• Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources.
• Manage internal customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project scope and requirements.
• Help coordinate functional and user acceptance testing.
• Use research and experience to apply best practices to business process design.
• Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries, and updates.
• Serve as a functional/domain expert on the project team
• Be adept at identifying, quantifying, and managing project delivery risks
• Understand the elements of user experience and visual design and the application and benefits of a user-centered design process in the delivery of solutions
• Contribute to the development of project plans.
• Maintain a cursory understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential client applications
• Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Manage Business Analysts through day to day operations and projects
• Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
• Conducts meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
• Participates in developing department and individual staff goals and objectives.
• Strong communication and validation skills. Able to iterate through the requirements in phases. Evidence of staying in alignment with the business sponsors, stakeholders, and management.
• Independent and creative analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate ideas and confirm understanding.
• An analytical mind that can break down complex problems into solvable components
• Demonstrated writing skills
• Requirements elicitation, definition & management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm for taking on a dynamic portfolio of responsibilities
• Meticulous attention to detail, with the belief that no detail is too small to be overlooked
• An exceptional communicator and spirited collaborator
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience working with (or, ability to quickly learn & master) a variety of technologies
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited universities with strong academic records
• Experienced in traditional SDLC and Agile frameworks