Location: New York, NY or Remote
Pay Rate: Up to $50/hr DOE
The Business Analyst, Creative Technology, is responsible for the day-to-day technical support and management of our creative workflow management tool, Wrike. This includes but is not limited to account setup, application configuration, incident and risk management, business investigation and planning, and training. They establish a shared vision with the Creative Center of Excellence, and Creative Technology Platform Owner, by building consensus on priorities and product execution which drives adoption and excellence in creative planning and execution. The BA will closely support the Platform Owner in managing the full product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Enterprise account management activities include: User incident management and engagement, IT and Business Coordination, Administrative Configuration, User provisioning, Systems Reporting
• Works closely with Global Creative Executive Director, Program Manager, Platform Product Owner, and Vendor to summarize collected information, identify trends, and devise the best technical and operational solutions possible.
• Create and maintain requirements documentation, use cases, user stories, and workflows
• Act as internal subject matter expert and main point of contact for all Wrike support inquiries and needs
• Identify and management project risks (including escalation to senior leadership when necessary) to ensure the on-time delivery of business goals
• Prepare and deliver effective presentations
• Product / project management
• SDLC Methodology – Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
• Highly analytical and adept at creative problem-solving
• Ability to decisively assess risk for clear and concise escalation when necessary
• Efficient gap analysis for business process modeling and improvement
• Basic understanding of change management practices: training, adoption, user communication, etc.
• Business acumen with creative operations, creative production, and marketing technologies.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Project management software
• SaaS technologies
• User Experience
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly with little to no formal training
• Experience with user provisioning, system usage/activity reports, access controls
• Technical report creation and analysis
• Effective oral and written communication
• Problem solving / analytical thinking
• Interpersonal skills including ability to influence
• Adaptability / ability to manage change
• Quick decision making and smart risk taking