Contract To Hire
Job Category: Cloud & DevOps
Job Number: 540522
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Job Description: Seeking an SCOM/Orion Administrator to support the SaaS Department. Candidates should have experience managing medium to large SCOM and ORION platform. Primary duties include managing the stability and reliability of the monitoring environments with the ability to automate operations using scripting. You will be part of a cutting-edge team analyzing problem areas and opportunities for improvement in existing autonomous systems managing the platform. This position comes with the potential for further career development as well as interesting and satisfying professional challenges and benefits. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Install, maintain, operate and upgrade SCOM, Orion environments
- Configure for optimal settings in configuration and monitoring environments
- Troubleshoot issues in the configuration management and monitoring solutions
- Ensure business continuity and health of the monitoring/configuration environments
- Patch management and upgrade roll-up updates for the monitoring environments
- Create rules, monitors and tune management packs in SCOM
- Able to create runbooks for automating in system center orchestrator (SCORCH)
- Proven scripting experience in any one language
- Create script to get data from various sources and load to data lake.
- Flexible and adapt to change
- System Center Operations Manager(SCOM)
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- SolarWinds Orion
- Experience in upgrading SCOM/Orion to newer versions.
- Scripting – PowerShell, Sql
- ETL(Extract, Transform, Load) experience is a plus
- Strong / Clear communication Skills
- Able to work in both team and individual scenarios
- Self-starter and looks for opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Motivated to learn and not get attached to particular technologies.