Apple Park Way
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 579281
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Copy Editor, Retail Marketing
Location: Remote, working PST hours
Pay: Up to $53.87 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
As a key contributor to our creative team, you’d edit and proofread digital and print communications, including engagement and marketing content such as internal stories, social media, presentations, references, and training materials. You’d work closely with writers and other team members to maintain the highest possible standards and ensure clarity and accuracy in global Retail communications.
- Achieve the publication’s desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using nomenclature, proper grammar, usage, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination
- Ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides
- Ensure content conforms to client brand identity by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support that brand
- Review each stage to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors
- 5+ years of experience editing communications, preferably as part of a creative team or organization
- Strong writing skills
- Solid proficiency in U.S.-style English, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Extensive proofreading and fact-checking experience
- Familiarity with standard style and usage guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and thrive under pressure
- Experience using iWork suite and/or Microsoft 365 is helpful.
- BA/BS preferred, or equivalent education and work experience
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a copyediting test.