8550 Higuera St
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 517304
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Planet Technology is looking for a skilled digital marketing Copywriter (paid performance) to join our client's design team. This candidate is expected to create copy that ranges from headlines, to social media, animated & static banners and digital & design assets. The copywriter is expected to have control of the projects from initial concept stages to the finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with internal and external customers for the best possible product presentation.
- Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet.
- Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding.
- Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process. Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet.
- Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing and management.
- Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new programs.
- Track the progress of assigned pages throughout catalog process and track progress of products on Internet.
- Organize workload for efficient time-management.
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
- Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
- Read and maintain a library of current reference materials.
- Review copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide.
- Check questionable details.
- Maintain accurate information in product files.
- Proofread and edit as necessary.
- Assist team leader and other copywriters as needed.
- Perform various clerical duties as needed.
- Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information.
- Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences.
- Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion.
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be efficient.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines (possibly working late hours and/or weekends as needed).
Education: Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
- Accomplished and experienced senior copywriter with 7-10 years of experience
- Ability to tell a product story in a few words
- Someone who’s adept at creating thoughtful, smart, sometimes funny and always succinct copy for major brands
- The ideal candidate has either worked in an agency, on an in-house marketing team
- Experience delivering print and digital creative copy a must, above the line advertising a bonus
- Experience writing for paid social. Organic social experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Experience crafting and proofreading effective SEM copy