Pay Rate: $50-$60/hr+ depending on experience
Planet Technology is seeking a Customer Data Platform (CDP) Specialist to join one of our well-known global pharmaceutical clients.
The CDP Specialist is a key cross-functional member of the Consumer Channel team responsible for leading audience creation tasks on CDP. This role has responsibility for leading activation projects and defining product features and requirements to create omnichannel audiences that deliver against Brand objectives.
The CDP Specialist is responsible for internal brand team’s audiences across Consumer channels, working with cross functional team members and agency and internal partners to align and execute on audience direction. This role will focus on tactical execution of the CDP roadmap through its entire life cycle and support key business objectives and KPI’s. As the primary CDP subject matter expert this role is responsible to ensure activation of engaging online experiences that deliver the Brand message to its target audiences that meets business objectives.
As a member of the Digital Lab supporting our brand franchises, the CDP Specialist is responsible for supporting multiple stakeholders and coordinating across a large matrixed organization of stakeholders including: Marketing, IT, AORs & Agency partners and Analytics and Marketing Operations stakeholders. This role will lead and manage both strategic and tactical execution of the CDP projects in order to meet and exceed business goals.
CDP Specialist Responsibilities:
• Own and manage CDP audience updates from scope through execution including scope documentation, managing the Project Scope, and partnering with the internal resources. Set direction with the technical team, and review schema design and ongoing updates to the experience data model (XDM)
• Manage the product development process and life cycle from inception to product delivery, growth, and eventual retirement.
• Assist in defining product features and benefits for new and existing features and support brand team as the Adobe product expert.
• Work closely with Brand Marketing, Agency partners, data and analytics and other cross functional team members to drive product launches and enhancements and ensure that value propositions, messaging, and marketing activities address unique user needs/pain points.
• Account for platform or other related technology needs beyond current core platforms in place for CDP that need to be established or introduced to achieve the benefits and allow for streamlined and efficient operations in the new model
• Instantiate a Test and learn approach to adopt and modify over time key enhancements to process
• Develop and maintain segment taxonomy structure, and maintain a running inventory of all CDP audience activities.
• Implement changes across the organization in an efficient, way that doesn’t impact key business priorities – sequence the rollout to account for key priorities
CDP Specialist Qualifications:
• Requires a minimum of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in Adobe Experience Cloud products, including AEP and Adobe Analytics
• Experience with Adobe Experience Data Model (XDM), AEP schemas and data structure.
• Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process
• In-depth knowledge of the product development and evaluation process. Exposure to Agile development a must.
• Experience developing business use cases and strategic planning
• Understanding of A/B and Multi-variate test design and execution, and analytical tools
• Comprehensive experience with UX design, customer research, and user experience best practices – including the creation of detailed, annotated wireframes
• Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics
• Requires strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to be effective managing through a highly matrixed organization
• Skills required include business acumen, organizational assessment, creativity, interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
• Outstanding communicator and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
• Results-oriented, self-starter with passion for user experience, technology and the internet
• A strategic mindset that allows you to prioritize projects, launches, and features, and balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision
• Must have experience with personalization, 1:1 approaches/data capture techniques (ie. email, addressable media, dynamic web), application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
Customer Data Platform Specialist Skills:
• Ability to work and lead independent initiatives without day-to-day supervision
• Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
• Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
• Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
o e.g. Adobe Marketing Cloud, DMP systems, brand websites
• Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
• Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
• Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
o e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint, Smartsheet