18201 Von Karman Ave #120 , Suite 2000
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 564593
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Pay Rate: $60-$70/hr+ depending on experience
Planet Technology is seeking a Design Director to join one of our biotechnology clients. This role includes hands-on work (40%), as well as the mentoring and supervision of design talent (60%).
Design Director Responsibilities:
Design Director Qualifications:
- Oversees design for portfolio brands and presentation services.
- Takes on appropriate digital, social, print, and/or video projects as a lead creative.
- Plays a lead role with stakeholders, business leads, and Creative Director to translate marketing strategies into visual solutions.
- Helps develop and/or review creative briefs with Business Leads and Project Managers (PMs) to setup projects for success (i.e., ensure clear and complete input to start).
- Is responsible for the overall quality of work by art directors and design specialists within the portfolio and presentation teams.
- Champions brand visual standards, for their own portfolio brands, as well as commercial brands in which they collaborate on projects; maintains brand guidelines.
- Oversees photo and video shoots, personally collaborating with producers, photographers, and DPs to plan for and prepare visual needs OR ensuring those they manage effectively supervise their photo and video shoots.
- Collaborates with PMs and Art Directors to develop timelines and identify resource needs.
- Proactively manages their own workload and those they oversee.
- Helps guide creative execution with constructive feedback and clear direction.
- Showcases an always-on curiosity and stays up to date on trends within the industry (beauty/medical aesthetics/prestige) and art/design world in general.
- Leads stakeholder presentations and develops other team members’ presentation skills.
- Mentors art directors and designers, helping them work towards performance goals.
- Manages efficient processes and asset management within their team (i.e., print file preparation, hand-offs with developers, and libraries of final retouched images and footage).
- Identifies and provides direction to vendors for illustration, photo retouching and 3D graphics/animation (as it supports their business/projects).
- Helps manage departmental staffing needs and hire additional art, design, and production talent in collaboration with the Creative Director.
- Assists Creative Director with optimizing creative protocols and overall enrichment of creative staff.
- BA or higher in Design, Fine Arts, or other related creative field; OR demonstrated skills/proficiency in their body of work (portfolio).
- BA in Design, Fine Arts or other related creative field is preferred.
- 15 year’s industry experience (design/art/advertising), with increasingly managerial creative roles; experience in healthcare/pharmaceuticals or luxury brands preferred.
- Proven experience leading a creative/design team.
- A diverse portfolio showing strong aesthetic POV, ideally including brand identity, video, print, digital, social, and/or experiential (event).
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe CS, as well as able to work in Figma or Sketch.
- Familiarly with Microsoft PowerPoint, such as to direct presentation
- UX/UI design and social storytelling experience, as well as working knowledge of front-end web technologies or salesforce.com email platform, preferred.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.