15445 Innovation Drive
Job Category: Database Management & Business Intelligence
Job Number: 578278
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Remote or Hybrid (San Diego, CA)
Salary Range: $160,000 to $190,000 DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Planet Technology's client is seeking an Enterprise Data Architect that will be a key role to help them realize its ambition towards a mature data management practice and solutions that support it. The primary goal of this role will be to leverage the latest techniques and best practices in data strategy and modeling to effectively organize and govern the data, and to enable simplified role-based access to the various roles, such as data engineers, visualization engineers, data stewards and data owners. The overall objective is to provide greater confidence in the consistency and quality of our data to ultimately support critical business decisions and insights. This is an individual contributor role.
- Develop and own the enterprise data strategy, aligning it with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Spearhead Enterprise Data Modeling, leading up to clear understanding of organization’s data entities and guidance for Systems of Record definition.
- Design, implement, and maintain a scalable and robust data architecture that supports the organization's data needs, considering both tactical and strategic concerns.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for selection of tools, technologies, and services necessary to enable the data architecture.
- Provide a framework and high-level guidance to data engineers, ensuring the successful and consistent implementation of data solutions, in light of the data strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including business leaders, data analysts, and IT teams, to understand their data requirements and translate them into actionable data architecture solutions.
- Assess, educate, and adopt key elements of the data mesh and data fabric concepts to enable a future-ready and unified approach to data management.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and advancements in data management and analytics, and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and cloud platform teams to ensure the availability, reliability, and security of the data architecture.
- Conduct data quality assessments and define a data governance framework that promotes data ownership and stewardship towards increased accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Mentor and train data engineers and other team members on data architecture principles, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- 10+ years of experience design and building data analytics platforms, ideally driving strategy in recent years
- 4+ years of working on data solutions in the cloud with a major provider i.e. Azure, GCP or AWS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data architecture principles, data modeling, database design and data governance
- Strong awareness of data fabric and data mesh concepts and their corresponding value proposition for the organization
- Prior experience working with Azure Data Analytics tools, such as Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Power BI, and Purview or similar technologies from other providers
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in data engineering, such as SQL, Python, or Java
- Familiarity with one or more cloud-based data platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to a team
- Professional certifications related to data management and cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer or AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
- Experience working in an Agile and/or DevOps environment
- Familiarity with data privacy and security regulations, such as GDPR or HIPAA