1295 NW 14th St
Job Category: EHR
Job Number: 540140
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Our client is looking to bring on a full-time, remote Senior Epic Hospital Billing Manager to over see the Hospital Billing Team. Join the team at a prestigious academic organization on the east coast.
The Senior Epic HB Manager will serve as a point of communication for both executive and team members across the University. With multiple projects including two new facilities, this organization is sure to provide growth and stability.
The Senior Manager, Information Technology directs all IT related activities of the University’s IT department and supervises all staff assigned to the IT department. The incumbent also ensures continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
- Plans, designs, develops, and implements improved work systems by revising work standards, policies, and procedures, employee work method and utilization, and staffing levels.
- Contributes to and plans the delivery of department-wide management and technical policies.
- Manages the development of staff to ensure effective deployment in their roles.
- Confers with leadership regarding inputs to overall enterprise architecture to allow UMIT to render excellent services to its constituents.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding group responsibilities.
- Serves as a point of contact for the executive management team on unit and department initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for change and develops plans to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Develops, documents, and modifies guidelines and procedures to promote efficiency within the unit.
- Helps to determine new and creative methods to employ teams on projects.
- Works directly with faculty, students, and senior administrators to identify and address emerging technology needs.
- Communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors and peers across the organization.
- Reviews status reports of team members and addresses issues.
- Provides oversight of exempt and non-exempt staff to ensure operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition and migration plans are consistent with UMIT goals and objectives.
- Coordinates department policies and operations with managers of other units within IT.
- Fosters increased awareness and attainment of higher levels of customer service by directing internal teams in the execution of IT initiatives.
- Plans and coordinates the functions and services for assigned information technology projects of multiple sizes and complexities.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, and counsels staff, and revises job descriptions.
- Participates in all programs relating to performance management and career development planning.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Epic HB Certified with Team Lead or Management experience (1-2 years)
- Analyst for 3+ years and Leadership/management for 1-2 years preferred
- Prefer Claims/Remittance, Charge Router, SBO, etc. (any certs pertaining to PH)
- Build in HB areas such as: general ledger, charge router, charge capture, security, claims/remittance, Rules, Cash Management, WQs, reporting, etc.
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Must work ET hours
- 100% remote – possible travel for go-live projects
- Covid Vaccine, Flu Shot and MMR required