1001 BRICKELL BAY DRIVE, SUITE 900
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 534890
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Event and Marketing Coordinator
Planet Technology is looking for a Event and Marketing Coordinator on a full-time hybrid basis out of Miami, FL to join a top 10 global legal firm
The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator will support all efforts relating to the Firm’s marketing initiatives in the office/region. The Coordinator is responsible for proposing and executing creative ideas for marketing and business development purposes, in collaboration with the Regional Business Development and Marketing Manager, and will support marketing and business development initiatives planned in the office and firmwide, as needed. Specific efforts include client events and meetings, client entertainment and tickets, lawyer bio management, client alerts and newsletters.
The Coordinator reports directly to the Business Development and Marketing Manager and works with BD & marketing staff and colleagues in other offices to support a variety of marketing-related initiatives, including coordinating and supervising projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Organizes, executes and supports Firm-sponsored programs, conferences, webinars, and receptions for clients and prospective clients in the region.
- Works with lawyers, and in collaboration with the Miami marketing team to identify and leverage event and sponsorship opportunities and oversees/prepares related materials and presentations;
- Develops appropriate mailing/invitation lists and seek related approvals;
- Creates event invitations in collaboration with our design team
- Coordinates and manages pre-planning and debriefing meetings with stakeholders and;
- Defines and measures event metrics.
- Coordinates and maintains sports and event tickets for client entertainment purposes.
- Acts as primary contact, responds to and services all sports and event ticket requests made within the office as well as requests made from outside of the office;
- Works with BD & marketing staff, the Business Development and Marketing Manager and Firm lawyers to identify appropriate business development use of firm tickets;
- Leverages the use of the firm Ticket Program to maintain accurate records of all ticket usage and works with the Firm accounting department to appropriately document ticket expenses;
- Works with the Business Development and Marketing Manager to track ticket usage and overall utilization.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing lawyer biographies for the company website and event and pitch materials
- Liaise with lawyers to produce and distribute client communications, including new lawyer announcements, invitations and newsletters;
- Drafts news for Firm website, intranet and internal communications
- Helps identify relevant state/regional speaking and other credentialing opportunities for our lawyers, assist in the production of required materials
- Assists in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives and events that further the Firm’s Diversity programs
- Leverages firm technology such as InterAction (contact relationship management system) and Foundation (experience management) to document and track marketing activity
- Collaborates with the creative team to produce collateral materials that support sponsorships and advertisements
- Assists in the selection, procurement and inventory of firm promotional items for marketing activities
- Supports special projects as requested by BD and Marketing Manager, department management and lawyers
- Assists in training lawyers and professional staff on LinkedIn and other available marketing related tools
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing, communications or event planning.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of the legal competitive landscape
- Legal marketing or professional services marketing experience
- Solid knowledge of InterAction, Vuture and document management systems
- Ability to interact with Firm members at all levels
- The use of good judgment and the ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to lead or support multiple programs in the office or region
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities