650 Elm St
Job Category: Cybersecurity
Job Number: 578542
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Official Job Description
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
REPORTS TO: Network Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The Information Security Analyst maintains the effectiveness of the Firm’s information security program including strategy, processes, and initiatives. This position reports to the Network Operations Manager, and works closely with the Network Operations and Service Desk teams to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies. This position requires an individual with strong technical skills and experience supporting security technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining standards, technologies, processes, and procedures for IT security operations.
- Evaluate, select, install, and deploy automated tools to enforce or monitor compliance with information security policies, procedures, standards, and other requirements.
- Responsible for the Firm’s vulnerability management program and ensuring all IT assets are properly maintained and patched in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Responsible for researching vendor security bulletins, assessing risk and threat level, and deploying patches in a timely manner while minimizing business impact.
- Perform daily audit of information security logs and violation reports. Assist in the investigation of security related events.
- Responsible for incident response, forensic analysis and remediation.
- Participate in the deployment, maintenance and support of IT services as well as make security recommendations.
- Other relevant job duties as assigned or required to support environmental changes.
- Coordinate with the IT leadership team on disaster recovery and business continuity design, planning and preparation.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and business applications
- Experience with firewall technologies and intrusion detection/prevention solutions
- Understanding of TCP /IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability management
- Experience with ISO or NIST security standards
- Experience with data loss prevention
- Experience with network protocols and packet analysis tools
- Experience with security information and event management tools
- Experience in cloud security and identity and access management
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources in a fast-paced environment
- Requires 3-5 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, application support, networking, systems administration, and 1-3 years of experience with IT security
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Windows Server, and client / server management
- Experience with mobile device management
- CISSP or CISM desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for most of his/her job duties. There is the need to frequently walk including climbing stairs. There will be a moderate amount of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties.
Visual requirements include reading off a computer screen as well as printed materials. A high degree of dexterity is required due to frequent use of a telephone console.
Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone as well as in person.
There is a moderate level of grasping, lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects of less than 25 lbs.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.