North Chesterfield, Richmond VA
Job Category: Cybersecurity
Job Number: 542029
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administration & support over security endpoint technology such as EDR, Anti-Virus, DLP, Internet Filtering, Mobile Device Management, and vulnerability software.
- Validate and drive vulnerability remediation of discovered vulnerabilities
- Contribute to security policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Effectively recognize threats by performing relevant research and data analysis
- Assist in responding to incidents, intervene as necessary to protect company assets
- Champions change, drives & sets technical direction affecting multiple global groups/business units and product design.
- Provide technical expertise in incident response events as needed.
Education: Bachelor or equivalent of education and experience
- 4+ years information security experience
- Excellent time management skills & with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks key
- Understanding of security technology (SIEM, DLP, IPS, WAF, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in working with and/or managing vulnerability scanners
- Experience in security compliance frameworks such as CIS Benchmarks, NIST, GDPR, HIPAA, PII/PHI, SOX.
- Knowledge of desktop, server, mobile operating systems, and cloud computing providers (Azure, AWS, GCP), with a focus on security configuration and monitoring
- Working knowledge of modern identity and access management concepts such as Single Sign On (SSO), Access Provisioning, Directory Management, Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- CISSP/CEH or other industry accepted certifications (CCSP, S+, GSEC, CISM, AWS Architect)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
- High interest in experimenting with new technologies and concepts, bring them forward to the team, and deploy and teach them, while having respect for adoption difficulties and proposed alternatives.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to compose and present material to communicate difficult concepts and gain consensus.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills demonstrated by successful and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have high focus on quality and customer service.
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus floating holidays
- 401(k) Company match of 75% on your first 6% of contributions
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home coverage
- Gyms, fitness facilities and cell phone discounts
- Our Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision provide a culture that unites and guides our employees.