101 W. Prospect Ave
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 577805
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Salary: $120,000-$172,000 depending on experience
Planet Technology is seeking a Media Procurement Director to join one of our well-known manufacturing clients based out of Cleveland, OH.
Media Procurement Director Responsibilities:
Media Procurement Director Qualifications:
- Business Partnering
- Builds relationships with marketing and brand teams and partners with the teams to drive savings, innovation, and new supplier opportunities within the marketing category
- Ensures information flow between the corporate procurement team and marketing and brand teams to effectively deliver and influence business/function strategies
- Understands business requirements and challenges, including priorities and key value drivers
- Co-leads Supplier/Agency Relationship Management (S/ARM) with marketing counterpart, by leading key relationship management
- Partners closely with key stakeholders to align on key metrics of the business or function in support of the annual operating plan
- Procurement Strategy and Execution:
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute on the Enterprise-wide Marketing category with approximately $400m in spend
- Develops and executes on procurement strategy in support of the marketing and brand stakeholders in collaboration with adjacent functions, such as Legal and Finance.
- Develop, coordinate and execute Enterprise-wide Marketing category management strategies and programs to optimize and leverage the global scale of the company to ensure proper economies of scale are achieved, while ensuring risk levels are appropriate.
- Tracks and analyzes spend and contracts for the marketing category, identifies opportunities for savings/value-driven initiatives, and tracks savings achieved to ensure savings realization
- Lead stakeholder teams to establish specifications, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations and oversee selection of key vendors.
- Coordinate RFx processes and leads supplier negotiations, with support from business counterparts
- Manage the implementation of executed agreements with required systems (e.g., Coupa and Alocadia) and with the respective business partners
- Identifies opportunities for partnerships and cost savings initiatives through agency ecosystem
- Researches market and supplier benchmarks to inform supplier/agency selection, relationship management decisions, and large sourcing opportunities
- Continuous Improvement:
- Facilitates educational sessions for marketing team members to drive adoption of leading practices processes, particularly around Agency Ways of Working
- Researches and recommends tools, processes, and systems to ensure effective business processes
- Attends related industry conferences and trainings to maintain competitive skills set
- Manages through challenges such as quality or delay issues, if necessary, with agencies, suppliers, and marketing contacts
- Achieves KPIs (savings, cost avoidance, performance, risk management, industry intelligence, supplier/agency mapping, etc.) and reports progress to supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business, Procurement, Marketing, Supply Chain, or related field is required.
- 5+ years of procurement or marketing agency background.
- Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ability to identify and research relevant market, industry, and supplier information.
- Capable of navigating through ambiguous situations and managing external vendor relationships.
- Ability to facilitate advanced agency/supplier negotiations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the enterprise and support multiple sourcing initiatives.
- Ability to develop processes and/or to identify continuous improvements to help better coordinate activities and drive savings.
- Exceptional relationship builder and stakeholder manager, ability to grow personal networks.
- In-depth knowledge of agency types, processes, and basic workings.
- Experience with agency/supplier negotiations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, including but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with Marketing Spend Management and Marketing Workflow tools.
- Experience with budget management and financial planning.
- Previous experience working within CPG/Retail and/or home improvement industry is preferred.