Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 510030
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Product Marketing Manager
Planet Technology is seeking a full-time Product Marketing Manager with a science background for our client located in the San Diego area.
What Will Your Role Be?
Create and communicate impactful and inspiring messages for all customer interactions, highlighting value, convincing storytelling and influencing action for all areas of client solutions.
The Challenges Ahead:
- Proven science storyteller, creating compelling value proposals, understanding. market and competition, and well connected with customers
- Build strong relationship with sales and create sales collateral, customer stories, use case and value proposals for target accounts.
- Create the messages and stories in the many different formats used by sales and marketing (PowerPoint, Datasheets, video, infographics, white papers, ROI proposals, case studies, eBooks, etc.)
- Proven experience for driving demand with positive results and market leadership and positioning
- Identify and create messages for target personas in science-based industries; develop and deliver relevant and impactful messages, right for each of the different channels of communication
- Drive the messaging process for solutions and products demand generation programs
- Collaborate with scientists and team members and articulate value for each channel in digital program to increase demand and market leadership
- Draft, edit and manage external marketing and corporate communications assets including data sheets, brochures, business and technical white papers, reports, customer stories, blog posts, marketing emails, trade press/thought leadership articles, newsletters, press releases, video scripts, advertisements, web page/microsite copy, value proposition documents and writing support for customer conferences and internal sales events, communities, press releases and executive messages.
- Leverage technology and marketing communications experience with scientific informatics software including a mix of molecular modeling/simulation, data science, laboratory informatics, formulation design, quality/compliance and manufacturing analytics capabilities supporting science-driven, process-based industries.
Your Key Success Factors:
- 8+ years' industry experience preferably Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a scientific field and/or Technical Writing
- Scientist: biology/biologist experience strongly desired
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Experienced product marketing/manager to create and deliver compelling value to grow pipeline
- Science-based experience ideally in life sciences (not healthcare) for research informatics, artificial intelligence, data science and molecular modeling
- Excellent communication, developing messaging, creating compelling value proposals and storytelling skills