Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 542466
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Product Marketing Manager V
Our client is looking for a senior manager to lead a high-performing team in bringing non-gaming content to market for their Virtual Reality division. The team is responsible for developing the right insights and data to inform product decisions and help find product-market fit of new use cases like Media, Fitness, Work, Travel, Education and more, as well as leading the Go-To-Market planning process to bring new applications to market and help use cases scale. Its a high growth area of the company, directly impacting the future success of their VR devices.
Location: 100% Remote - candidates must sit out of: New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Baltimore, Seattle, Houston, or San Diego
Pay Rate: $95-$115/hr (depending on location)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
We are looking for a candidate who has experience:
- Influencing product development and ensuring product-market fit by synthesizing market feedback and industry reports, analyzing data, conducting competitive assessments, engaging in customer research, and/or executing alpha/beta tests to create business cases that drive engineering or business investment.
- Creating go-to-market (GTM) plans to educate and drive product adoption & engagement. This includes identifying target audiences, developing the product's positioning, collaborating across teams to activate marketing levers and achieve relevant launch goals (e.g. awareness, adoption, or retention).
- Developing the category strategy and business goals across acquisition, engagement, retention and advocacy post launch through the entire lifecycle.
- Managing teams, both directly and indirectly, and ensuring they get support and organizational visibility.
Compelling Story & Candidate Value Proposition
- This role is responsible for shaping our virtual reality media experiences. This position will be responsible for helping to shape the product and content development for media and applications, as well as to drive outbound go-to-market efforts spanning media entertainment offerings and third party non-gaming applications.
- It is a highly cross-functional role and involves partnering with a small team of individual contributors who are subject experts.
- This role will be setting the strategy for outbound marketing efforts, helping the team identify content positioning and key value propositions, and ensuring execution among cross-functional channel owners is proceeding to plan.
- To be successful, the candidate will be creative, collaborative and resourceful, and having worked in highly cross-functional, dynamic environments built to move fast, ruthlessly prioritize and be nimble to pivot quickly as needed.
- We plan to release multiple products and hundreds of content offerings over the next few years that will define new categories and advance the company's mission.
What makes this role interesting?
- This role is at the forefront of developing how people will use VR for everyday use. In the future this division will be embedded into everything we do, in the same way that digital is the avenue through which today we buy books, access TV, update Teslas car software, etc.
- This person will be setting a strategy that directly influences how people get content in a whole new immersive format.
- Its inherently a cross-functional role involving partnering with peers across content programming, data science, product development, marketing, comms and more.
- BA or BS degree MBA nice to have, but not required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product marketing (or equivalent function)
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, changing environment while influencing teams and roadmaps
- Comfortable with horizontal and vertical communication across multiple functions and teams
- Product and/or brand marketing Product and/or Go-To-Market strategy People management
- AR/VR/software experience
- Experience building, launching, and scaling brands/products
- Consumer and/or developer marketing experience
- Experience working with third-party partners on content and marketing deals
- Consulting experience
- Product management