26525 North Riverwoods Boulevard
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 579062
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Title: Production Designer
Location: Hybrid in Mettawa, IL
Pay Rate: $25-30/hr depending on experience
Planet Technology is seeking a Production Designer to join one of our well-known global pharmaceutical clients.
As a studio Production Designer on a long-term contract, you will execute tactical design projects and implement text/content changes in preparing files to be released for production. Able to stay on brand while making appropriate decisions regarding tactical design/production projects. You will join a culturally diverse group of 100+ strategic and creative explorers at an in-house advertising agency for a biopharmaceutical company with 48,000+ employees. You’ll be part of a close-knit team—senior designers, web developers, motion artists, writers, editors, and account managers—that partners with cross-functional stakeholders to support 30+ leading brands. Together, you’ll develop multichannel materials for affiliates in 80+ countries.
Production Designer Responsibilities:
Production Designer Qualifications:
- Communicate with creative, account, and project managers to evaluate requests, negotiate deadlines, and continually reprioritize requests as they are received.
- Edit existing creative materials: make type and art edits, including complex data-based charts and tables.
- Evaluate and clean-up files for consistency across multiple pieces and projects and through a pre-flight process to prepare files for release to third-party vendors.
- Provide technical support to the design team by editing and preparing files that meet graphic standards.
- Prepare artwork for production: scale images, adjust resolution, create packaging schematics and deadlines.
- Retouch images in Photoshop and apply special effects to a wide range of photography.
- Add interactive functionality to PDFs.
- Assist in providing project and printing specifications.
- Identify issues regarding high-risk designs that could potentially delay final deliverables.
- Perform artwork searches on stock photo websites and internal databases.
- Work with creative managers and writers to prepare presentations; creates comps.
- Work overtime when needed to complete time-sensitive projects.
- Education + experience: Bachelor’s degree in design or related discipline; 5+ years of experience working in a creative agency environment; strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and related expertise.
- Technical skills: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; PowerPoint as well as a thorough working knowledge of print production.
- Soft skills: High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course.
- Portfolio: Must provide samples of work to be considered, including before-and-after retouched photos.
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Keynote.
- Experience creating 3D models/renderings for conceptual presentations.
- Experience creating websites in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience creating emails in Knak and SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience creating ads in Google Web Developer.
- Pharmaceutical experience: working in a highly regulated environment.