Job Category: Engineering
Job Number: 580625
Is job remote?: No
Country: United Kingdom
Production Support Engineer
Our client, a leading Aerospace company, are looking for a Production Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The company is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of actuation systems for large commercial, regional and business aircrafts.
Providing technical engineering support to the Value Stream operations area. Resolution of production issues, test failures and supply chain issues on Aerospace hydraulic and mechanical systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic technically minded individual to apply problem solving skills and engineering excellence to technical issues experienced on the production and manufacturing line preventing delivery of product to customers. This is a critical role to the business and extremely diverse, with a wide variety of products and technical challenges required to be solved in a fast-paced environment. It is also an opportunity for the right individual to make a visible and positive impact to Military Value Stream.
- Working for Production Support Lead Military
- Providing technical support to Military operations areas.
- Supporting the quality clinic to provide engineering disposition of quality concerns raised.
- Monitoring test and build FPY for engineering improvements.
- Conducting investigations into failures and quality concerns.
- Driving initiatives to permanently rectify common failure modes
- Supporting cost reduction and value engineering initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels across the organisation.
- Knowledge of Hydro-mechanical and Electro-mechanical systems and products.
- Structured and organised – able to lead problem solving and investigation activities quickly to a successful conclusion and within expected timescales.
- Experience in aerospace engineering or manufacturing environment desired.
- Highly motivated individual: able to “make things happen”.
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Commercial awareness is a plus, so that risks and opportunities can be prioritised.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and car benefit as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at wwwtheplanetgroupcom