1455 Market St
Job Category: Project Management
Job Number: 566488
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Program Manager of Data Governance
Pay: Up to $107 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Planet Technology looking for a Technical Program Manager, Data Governance for our well know FinTech client. This position will support cross-functional data governance, security and architecture programs. You will be working on critical transformation initiatives to empower the Finance & Strategy function to leverage best in class tools & analytics and unlock process efficiencies to provide our business partners with timely and valuable insights.
This role will primarily be responsible for project management activities with an expectation to execute on large cross functional initiatives across the organization. The ideal candidate will therefore have a strong understanding of data governance, data lineage mapping, data security, analytics, reporting best practices and the latest applications of related tools & technologies. The role will require excellent organizational and communication skills and be highly collaborative with cross functional partners, with the expectation that this individual will serve as a key partner at the intersection of finance, data and technology. Ideal team members have a proven track record of delivering cross-functional, scalable programs, with meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving skills that can be applied to any challenge, task, or opportunity.
- Manage the establishment of a Enterprise Data Governance framework that prioritizes agility, performance and security
- Foster change through collaboration with data owners and data stewards across the company to establish and define a data governance operating model including principles, policies, and data management processes.
- Drive the organization’s change management to enable data governance at scale
- Be responsible for high-impact, cross-functional data governance, financial technology and BI initiatives
- Drive alignment, communication, and execution between stakeholders such as F&S, accounting, finance business systems, and enterprise engineering
- Manage strategic and organizational programs from launch to closure, including resource allocation, scope/schedule/budget management to ensure delivery
- Partner with portfolio managers and product managers to ensure projects deliver the intended business benefits and goals
- Proactively manage risks, issues and decisions to improve delivery predictability
- Remove impediments for the project teams
- Manage communication of progress/status with executives and other project partners
- Lead with curiosity and a commitment to continuous process improvement
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can make things happen, across a large organization spread out around the world, in quick fashion while knowing when to push back
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for our organization that align with the company’s strategies and lead to the achievement of wider business priorities.
- You make sound judgments by using objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices.
- You build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals.
- You like digging into data and are excited about solving complex challenges.
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly.
- You are a skilled active listener, excel at summarizing information, and identifying key take-aways and areas of focus.
- You’re a natural project manager, you are organized, plan, follow-through, and communicate.
- You are passionate about fostering healthy communication, inspired leadership, effective management and outstanding teamwork.
- You have lots of experience using G-Suite tools and SmartSheets
- Experience with BI tools including Tableau and Looker is a plus
- Familiarity with user enablement and change management
- Critical Thinking
- Must be open to a flexible schedule
- Adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, work independently
- 7+ years of technical project management experience in solution development using either Waterfall or Agile methodologies
- Experience working on multidisciplinary finance transformation projects implementing finance / accounting, planning / forecasting, or reporting solutions
- Hands-on experience deriving and maintaining RACI matrices or other methods to clarify project roles and responsibilities
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Experience and comfort in managing project teams that are fully remote
- An ability to distill issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
- Exposure to project-focused executive-level Steering Committee meetings
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.