800 Arthur Avenue
Elk Grove Village,
Contract To Hire
Job Category: QA/Automation
Job Number: 544983
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
The Quality Engineer role is to champion the best practices of quality assurance. The role requires hands on software QA experience to analyze requirements and perform testing effectively.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements timely and if requirements are incomplete, they need to ask meaningful questions that will yield more information and help perform testing effectively
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings
- Identifies, records, documents thoroughly and track bugs
- Check consistency across devices, browsers, and operating systems
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved and new builds are given for testing
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Research and analyze product features being tested
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Test software and firmware before release to ensure that projected functionality was implemented as expected.
- Verify and validate embedded firmware operation.
- Perform installations of software and embedded firmware to qualify as well as identify, reproduce, and report defects.
- Develop new test procedures and enhance existing ones to ensure products’ reliability and usability.
- Perform product validation and verification of hardware in field or lab environment.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Perform API Testing
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Deep understanding of software testing, its main concepts, and processes: the whole bug life cycle; different testing levels, methods, and types; test estimation techniques
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Good knowledge of Embedded testing i.e. testing firmware versions, ticket vending machines, POS devices
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to examine bug reports and prioritize necessary tests, what information to include in the daily status reports, prioritize and estimate task execution
- Good communication and teamwork skills to interact with project team members, clients, and stakeholders as well as work closely with the dev team – from reproducing the reported issue and emphasizing the fix for critical bugs to understanding how the bug has been fixed
- Programming skills with Selenium and Java, basic SQL knowledge to extract data for tests, XML, general web development skills, and web services.
- Good knowledge on Cucumber, behavior driven testing using Gherkin language
- Experience working in Test Management Tools such as Zephyr, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in API testing tools such as Postman
- Experience in Data testing using SQL queries
- Experience working in a global team-oriented culture and environment
- Have an automation mindset, if a task needs to be repeated in needs to be automated with software.
- Expert in Agile Methodology - Scaled Agile Framework, Kanban, Scrum
Technical Requirements (Preferred)
- Understanding of Test automation testing tools- Selenium
- Deep SQL knowledge to extract data for tests
- Understanding of API testing using Postman
- Mobile Automation testing tools for android, ios and cross platform ones
- Continuous Integration testing tools –Jenkins
- Traditional embedded communication knowledge including RS232, RS485, USB and TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge on testing Linux applications
- Experience with Embedded testing
- Experience with testing various network stacks
- Atlassian Suite based Application Lifecycle Management leveraging Pipelines, Jenkins, Git
- Experience with Java and .NET development stacks
- DB architectural, development, and admin. experience in MySQL, Aurora, Postgres, SQLite
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Comp. Eng.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.