1 Infinite Loop
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 537500
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Reference Editor - Communications
Location: Cupertino, CA
Pay: $45-$50 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
As a Communications Reference Editor, details are your passion. You enjoy ensuring the right information is in the right place, for the right audience, and for the right amount of time. You make sure that, when time’s up, that information is available in an archive for reference as needed. You understand that our teams need quick access to accurate information to ensure every customer has a great experience in all our stores around the world. You’re able to adjust to working independently from anywhere when necessary.
Primary job functions include:
Software, Applications, and Tools Used
- Publish new and updated reference material files provided by internal business partners on our communication platform. Production details to consider: ensuring template compliance; copyediting and/or proofreading needs; arranging localization for 20+ countries; setting audiences; and requesting and uploading translations.
- Monitor reference material files published by others (post-QA). Enter publication details that may be missing (such as sunset dates, business partner names, and folder assignment), or follow up with administrators who created the files. Watch for potential duplications.
- Review sunset notifications to determine if files still need to be published and, if so, that the content is current. Follow up with business partners to either sunset or update.
- Assist business partners with file audits, organization of files, efficient tagging to help with searches, and best practices.
- Maintain digital archive of reference materials.
- Update database with publication information.
- Collaborate with writers, communications managers, producers, and business partners to understand publication details.
- Partner with Globalization team to prioritize translation requests and ensure timely publication in native languages.
- Write and/or edit alternative text for images.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proprietary systems used to create, update, translate, and monitor reference materials
- iWork suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Competency prioritizing multiple functions and tasks, managing work time efficiently
- Superior work ethic, dependability, and adaptability
- Strong verbal and written communication, and active-listening skills
- Flexibility that enables professional, efficient reaction to directional change
- Ability to manage projects by tracking and following up on milestones and due dates
- Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing work environment
- Ability to ensure copy adheres to prescribed style format
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- BA/BS preferred, or equivalent work experience