555 E 90th St
Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 577790
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
New York, NY
Planet Technology's non-profit client is looking for a Events Manager in New York, NY. This person will be in charge of handling facility rentals including sponsored events that are run on our premises. This is a unique opportunity to use planning and scheduling skills (along with a few sales techniques) to rent out various on-site spaces (indoor and outdoor) to sports organizations, corporate events people, college sports teams and even families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with sports program departments to determine space availability, and subsequently coordinate all facility and pool rentals for both locations.
- Respond to rental inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Approve or deny ongoing rental contract changes based on client needs.
- In collaboration with various internal departments, play a leading role in the planning, execution, and ongoing evaluation of all sponsored community events such as field days.
- Work with Accounts Payable to track vendor accounts and rental payments.
- Create and maintain internal facility availability and usage reports.
- Work with the Marketing Department to maintain posted facility usage updates, calendars and announcements
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years working in a role in sports or event management or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with Salesforce preferred
- Exemplary in-person, phone, and email customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously