Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 578544
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Pay: Up to $74 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Our client's Global Business Marketing is tasked with sharing their mission-based story with brands, agencies and businesses around the world - AKA the best marketers in the world. Brand Systems is focused on the systematic scaling and implementation of all elements of the brand, meaning, voice, color, type and action with the goal of driving brand efficacy and purpose. They're looking for a person with design and branding expertise that understands that brand consistency is not a set of rules to enforce but the means by which we make all the work more impactful. They need someone who can bring solutions and sees opportunity where others see impasse. Someone who can inspire and collaborate with the many stakeholders they will need to inspire and educate.
The XFN brand team is looking for an experienced editor to help update the brand across all touchpoints. The ideal candidate will be an experienced copy editor with a sharp eye and skill set on everything from line editing to proofreading. Should be able to explain edits and editorial concepts to non-editors, and help bring consistency and cohesion to a wide range of content across the company. Must be comfortable working across formats (social, email, web, video) and working with a range of teams (marketing, content, certification, platforms).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. 8+ years writing, copywriting or editing experience.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills, especially using digital tools and formats.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills. High attention to detail.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once and turn things around quickly.
- Experience working collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with terminology, style sheets, best practices, etc.
- Ability to exercise editorial judgment in situations where guidance would flex.
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook.
- Experience in understanding and implementing a corporate brand style guide, and helping others understand how to apply brand strategy concepts in their work.
- Experience in a governance role, understanding and explaining where a brand can flex and where it cannot. Ability to successfully work with a cross-functional team (marketing, strategy, content, etc.)
- Quick learner, with facility adapting to internal tools, systems and processes.
- General understanding of how digital marketing works.