Job Category: Creative & Digital Marketing
Job Number: 541581
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Senior International Brand Strategist
Our client's International Consumer Marketing team is looking for a Senior Brand Strategist with proven experience of establishing and growing brand portfolios across multiple markets and cultures. They are looking for a collaborative and pragmatic thinker who excels in a fast-paced, ambiguous, entrepreneurial environment, embraces flex between high-level strategic thinking and detail-oriented planning, and has a proven track record of strong partnership with complex cross-functional teams. Partnering closely with Central (Brand, Growth, Product) and Local (Country Marketing, Insights, Media and Decision Science, In-House and External Creative) teams, you will develop business, brand and creative strategies across International Marketing, cultivating a brand-first, outcome-driven culture. To be successful, you must be able to connect the dots between Global and Local Strategies, unlock the human and cultural story behind every data point, extract true insights and translate them into impactful international marketing strategies, compelling stories and inspiring briefs that spark world-class creative.
Location: 100% Remote - must be local to: New York City (highly preferred), Boston, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Houston, San Diego
Pay Rate: $98-$120/hr (depending on location)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision 401k
- Partner with Central teams across Meta Consumer Marketing and Product, and Local teams across the world, to develop strong brand, business and creative strategies that inspire impactful, globally consistent and locally relevant marketing activity
- Be the glue between cross-functional teams (marketing managers, insights, media, decision science, creative) to drive clear, outcome-driven strategies and lead to focused & inspiring agency briefs and go-to-market plans.
- Be comfortable creating iterative strategies, testing and learning, and optimizing based on results while keeping your eyes on the final outcome and big picture.
- Be comfortable with working on different types of campaigns and programs, from traditional ATL to social, sponsorship, experiential, performance etc.
- Participate in the annual planning process and develop business cases to unlock additional budget based on business challenges and opportunities.
- Be the brand evangelist and influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work and activities/
- Collaborate with our internal insights team and external partners to design and analyze research.
- Understand and contextualize technological and market trends and audience behavior to inform strategy and creative development.
- Capture and bring to life human insights to deliver creative briefs and support creative development.
- Drive and apply strategy across diverse, concurrent campaigns and partnerships.
- Partner with product and design leadership to drive the integration of a holistic brand strategy.
- 15+ years of experience as a brand planner or strategist at a brand or creative agency, consultancy or internal brand-based team.
- International experience working on global brands with diverse cultural, social and business landscapes.
- Experience translating insights, data and ideas into customer value.
- Experience building and evolving brand strategies and architectures.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization and building influential and collaborative relationships.
- Significant experience and deep understanding of digital marketing.
- Proven experience developing, and establishing executive alignment on, short and long-term strategies.
- Comfortable working across multiple time-zones and traveling.
- Preferred Qualification
- Combined in-house and agency experience.
- Experience working in the tech sector
- Experience in entrepreneurial and fast-paced environments
- Experience working with global consumer brands and with portfolio based brands in a marketing capacity
- Collaborative, creative, and analytical
- Driven to connect brands and people