Social Media Content Creator
Hybrid - Atlanta or New York
Location: 1331 Spring Street NW, Suite 2500, Atlanta, GA 30309
Planet Technology is hiring a Social Media Content Creator for our Financial Client in New York or Atlanta. This person will play an integral role in supporting their social media presence in the US and Canada— covering 10 executives with profiles on LinkedIn and/or Twitter. By partnering with cross-funcitonal teams, this person will execute well thought out social media strategies and content while aligning to business priorities. This person will be responsible for drafting various forms of social media and digital content—short- and long-form copy, video/image concepts—on a daily basis across multiple platforms. This role will be actively involved in content generation, multimedia development, process management, analytics and competitor analysis.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Draft short-form and long-form LinkedIn posts and tweets for thought leaders (roughly 3 to 6 posts per week), many with same-day turnaround.
• Draft organic and paid post copy for US and Canada pages across platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) to promote thought leader content -- roughly 3 to 6 posts per week.
• Create and conceptualize social assets (images, infographics, animations, videos, etc.) for each post in partnership with creative team, adhering to best practices, suggested formats and brand guidelines.
• Suggest engagements for all thought leaders on at least a monthly basis: at least 5 – 8 engagements (mix of comments, likes, replies, etc.) customized for each thought leader.
• Support social media team with project management, including securing necessary content approvals, maintaining and planning thought leader calendars in Airtable, and scheduling or publishing content as needed.
• Closely partner with Compliance to ensure all regulatory requirements are met for social media content in both US and Canada. Submitting to Compliance tracking system (RedOak).
• Maintain monthly analytics reports for each thought leader: follower count and post metrics (impressions, engagement, video views, etc.). Regularly review metrics and assess content optimizations based on what’s working and what isn’t.
• Monitor peer executives’ social presence on a monthly basis and report on unique content and trends.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years directly related work experience in social media and/or digital content creation and campaign management
• Interest or experience in financial services preferred
Skills / Competencies/attributes:
• Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
• Deep knowledge of social media and digital trends and engagement strategy.
• Detail-oriented – must be able to manage the process details of multiple posts across multiple accounts on a daily basis.
• Enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environment—independently or in a team setting
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
• Prior experience in corporate communications, customer service, advertising, public relations, or online marketing an asset