800 Arthur Avenue
Elk Grove Village,
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Software Development
Job Number: 545374
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Sr.Software Engineer - Chicago area
Contract to hire
120,000 to 140,000
Seeking a Sr SW Engineer to join an innovative and dynamic team that develops and tests industry-leading fare collection products and services. As the Sr SW Engineer you will be responsible for supporting existing back office data systems and reporting products along with helping develop our next generation cloud reporting platform. We are looking for an engineer who strives to understand use case, data needs and outcome objectives.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Support and maintain existing back office data and reporting systems and assist with the development of our next generation cloud based platform.
- Work closely with the customer support team and clients to troubleshoot and address field issues in a timely manner.
- Analyze existing software architecture and work with the team to make continuous improvements.
- Translate business needs and customer requirements into technical specifications.
- Take ownership of technical solutions from the design and architecture perspective for projects in presales phase as well as on-going projects.
- Review the architectural/technological solutions for ongoing projects and ensure right choice of solution.
- Work with geographically disperse team in NA and India.
- You have an intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends – but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice.
- You have over 5 years of experience developing and supporting applications written in C/C++. Experience with .NET and/or Java is a plus.
- You have experience developing Windows based applications and working with the Visual Studio IDE.
- You have experience working with low level device communications protocols operating over Serial and/or TCP/IP interfaces.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation.
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure.
- You have experience working across cultures.
- You are extremely reliable and we can count on you in times of need.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.