Title: Video Editor
Location: Mettawa, IL
Pay Rate: $40-43/hr depending on experience
Planet Technology is seeking a Video Editor to join one of our well-known global pharmaceutical clients.
Video Editor Responsibilities:
• Understands and adheres to the Code of Business Conduct (CBC) and all other applicable internal policies and procedures.
• Utilizes creative functional knowledge to facilitate project execution and efficiencies.
• Maintains awareness of current design trends, new techniques and technology in motion graphics/animation, video production/editing and audio recording/editing.
• Understands and adheres to Brand Standards and Guidelines, as well as individual product brands, as required.
• Efficiently manages workload to enhance productivity and expedite timelines. Communicates priorities to all appropriate functional groups, technical teams and individuals. Reprioritizes projects and tasks within a highly dynamic work environment.
• Effectively solves project-related problems, anticipates potential challenges and proactively offers solutions. Asks clarifying questions and actively contributes ideas in a very collaborative team setting, with a strong attention to detail.
• Adheres to department workflow standards while meeting project objectives.
• Makes quality design decisions, based on project parameters, platform/software requirements, audience, messaging needs and delivering within a wide variety of media types, leveraging various digital formats and specifications.
• Executes project deliverables and tactics that support business and communication objectives. Follows the direction of and collaborates effectively with senior creative staff, clarifying optimal execution methods/processes and project specifications when necessary.
• Implements appropriate internal and external approval processes.
• Consistently communicates timely and accurate information as project progresses, meets deadlines and executes quality standards.
• Proactively utilizes quality control processes and leverages best practices for greater efficiency. Contributes innovative ideas that result in high-caliber solutions.
• Works directly with meeting and events team, account teams, project management, writers and creative directors to deliver against creative objectives/themes across a variety of time-based deliverables, as well as static design pieces when necessary.
• Anticipates project needs and proactively provides expertise and offers solutions to meet them.
• Must track time on a daily basis and meet established utilization numbers for this function.
Video Editor Qualifications:
• Strong technical knowledge in motion graphics, animation and video software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Premier, Animate, etc.) Cinema 4D, Final Cut, Keynote and QuickTime/Windows Media Player. Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook a plus.
• Specific areas of focus or expertise may include 2D or 3D animation/rendering, video production and editing, audio recording/editing, interactive design (UI/UX), web/mobile/wearable and/or eLearning.
• Must have strong design and problem-solving abilities, for a variety of platforms, media and audiences. Consistently demonstrating efficiencies in execution from script to screen, including storyboarding, identifying plug-ins and software recommendations that deliver a high-quality experience while clearly communicating key messages within the limitations of both timeline and budget.
• Must ensure the optimal experience and accuracy of final deliverables through requirements/specifications gathering, regardless of end-use, whether web/mobile, streaming/on-demand, large-format/projection, etc.
• Must have enough design expertise to leverage a variety of technologies while maintaining the quality, consistency and integrity of the creative concepts that strongly support project objectives, tone and positioning.
• Must work well under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills. Must be able to interpret and articulate ideas to colleagues in creative meetings and presentations.
• Must have a good grasp of project time requirements to be able to meet deadlines, client expectations and avoid over-commitment.
• Must be able to work collaboratively within a team and seek clarity amid ambiguity.