Job Category: Production
Job Number: 579326
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Location: Ridgefield, CT
Compensation: Up to $60.98/hr DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
Planet Technology's client based out of Ridgefield, CT has an urgent need for a videographer to join their production team.
- Will support the production lead in larger productions and may own smaller ones entirely
- Will own set up and execution of employee headshots as required (requires photography skills)
- May provide video editing for ad hoc projects as well as productions
- Collaborates daily the Producer (video and meetings), clients, and the Creative Services team
- Must be able to lift and move at least 40lbs+ of equipment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Skills (this list is comprehensive, some of these may be growing in less seasoned candidates):
- Camera Operation: must be proficient in operating various types of cameras, from basic consumer-grade cameras to professional-grade cinema cameras, and be familiar with their settings, functions, and capabilities.
- Composition and Framing: Understand composition and framing. Should know how to frame subjects, use the rule of thirds, and balance elements within the frame.
- Lighting: Knowledge of lighting techniques. Understanding natural light and artificial lighting sources for indoor and outdoor shooting.
- Audio Recording: Should know how to capture clean audio using external microphones or wireless recording devices.
- Editing: Post-production skills are essential. Familiarity with video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro) ability to piece together raw footage, add transitions, visual effects, and create a cohesive final product.
- Storytelling: knows how to tell a compelling visual story through their footage. Understanding narrative structures and knowing how to sequence shots to create a story arc is crucial.
- Camera Movement: Knowing how to use camera movement techniques like pans, tilts, dollies, and gimbal systems can add dynamism and creativity to the video.
- Time Management: Effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines are vital skills.
- Communication: Good communication skills are necessary, role may work with clients, directors, actors, and other team members involved in productions.
- Adaptability: Adaptability to various shooting environments, lighting conditions, and unexpected challenges that may arise during filming.
- Knowledge of Gear: Stays up-to-date with the latest camera equipment, accessories, and emerging technologies in the field.
- Collaboration: Team player and collaborator.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and find creative solutions is valuable.
- Attention to Detail: Great attention to detail.
- Ethics and Professionalism: Demonstrates professional behavior, respecting copyrights, and adhering to ethical standards while capturing and editing footage is crucial.