Job Category: ERP
Job Number: 511944
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
Specialty: Tech - Workday
Required Skills: Financial Information Systems Analyst (non-certified)
Industry: Higher Education
Perm position (35 hours/week)
Location: 100% Remote
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field. Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in various aspects of financial information systems and financial operations.
- Working knowledge of automation/programming and expertise in managing data in relational databases, and the application of data visualization tools.
- Strong understanding of financial operations and the ability to identify problems or gaps in the financial systems, solve problems in a creative manner, and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of Workday Financial software. Knowledge of Adaptive Planning software preferred.
- Ability to create automated reports, utilize business intelligence tools, and design and implement complex modeling tools.
- Open to learning processes and can translate that knowledge to IT teams.
- Ability to work with people from different units as required to help address financial or system issues.
- Ability to enact change quickly
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the improvement, development, and operation of financial systems applications, including Workday, Adaptive Planning, Pilbara Insights, etc.
- Responsible for working with the IT Services department and external consultants on upgrades, implementations, and maintenance of financial systems
- Manage custom report, query, and dashboard development to meet the requirements of finance management using appropriate Workday tools
- Review and map financial accounting and business processes
- Provide expert knowledge to users in automated financial systems
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams in addressing financial or systems issues
- Participate in the change board meetings and developing user documentation including FAQs, Job Aides, Operational Guides, Online Content, etc.
- Partner with business process administrators and technical support staff to enforce data quality standards
- Design, configure, and test integrations between Workday and external systems using Enterprise Integration Builder (EIB) and other Workday tools
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements, advise stakeholders on options, risks and any impacts on other processes or systems
- Partner with business process administrators to implement process improvements and policy changes designed to improve efficiency and the user experience with the system
- Conduct assessment on software and hardware needs and design new or modify systems to meet changing demands
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats as well as to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to operate independently, work within time constraints, and set priorities among multiple task assignments
- Excellent judgment and strategic skills for ensuring mutually positive outcomes, balancing internal priorities with client objectives
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, and consensus-building skills, as demonstrated by successful applications analysis and design, systems implementation, and project management experience
- Experience managing constant, competing demands and limited resources with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience building and developing intra- and inter-departmental teams and teamwork