Job Category: ERP
Job Number: 556654
Is job remote?: Yes
Country: United States
HRIT Application Development Lead
Our client is one of the largest providers of retirement solutions and insurance products in the United States.
They are looking for an HRIT Application Development Lead to join their team. This is a senior HRIT application development position with focus on Workday HCM, recruiting, talent and performance management, payroll, time tracking, absence, compensation, and integrations. This is a critical role that partners with HR and supports business stakeholders for payroll, compensation, talent management, learning, HR Shared Services and Operations teams. The role will work closely with a vendor staffed HRIT managed service team on delivery of application development requests. This vendor staffed team includes 6 developers.
This person will:
- Analyze and define business requirements. Develop HR system specifications to solve business problems.
- Partner with HR business and other HRIT development members to document and translate business system requirements into well architected Workday solutions.
- Design solutions for prioritized HR system enhancement requests on HR applications such as Workday, Cornerstone Learning solution, ETL platform.
- Build strong relationships with business to understand their requirements and translate into functional and technical design.
- Manage requirements scope and architect the solution in discussion with various stakeholders. Escalate any issues as appropriate.
- Research and analyze existing business processes and evaluate alternative methods to recommend the most efficient and cost-effective solution for system design.
- Work with cross functional teams within IT and other groups on complete end-to-end solutions and to resolve issues while delivering project enhancements.
- Lead the system development life cycle from design through delivery, ensuring timely completion of application development service requests.
- Act as project lead and may direct the work of other developers/analysts, testers.
- Work closely with the Application Management Service team for production support. Acts as the backup resource for the Application Management Service lead of HRIT systems.
- 7+ years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development and implementation of business systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience developing HR solutions in Workday involving Core HCM, Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll, Compensation, Integrations, Security, Performance Management, Business Process updates and other core HR technology activities is required.
- Extensive knowledge of HR business processes and ability to design and develop HR solutions and determine technology alternatives.
- Experience managing an outsourced development team including offshore
- Knowledge of the general HR business unit's functions and applications.
- Knowledge and experience in Waterfall, Agile methodologies and all phases of systems development lifecycle which includes planning, design, build (code and unit testing), testing (systems and integration testing) and deployment.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, relationship management skills.
- SOX experience is important
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive team player, self-learner, collaborative mindset.
- Cross-functional knowledge of integrated systems such as Learning (Cornerstone), ETL DataStage, SQL database, Cognos expertise desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology required; Master's Degree or related field preferred.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.